Sports and Games:
* V.Vinayak of class X won I place (50mts, Back stroke) in National Level Swimming competition conducted by Pune state Government.
* Aarthi A. participated in 200mts in the Zonal Level competitions and won II place.
* The boys had participated in the Zonal Level Competitions and won I place in Foot Ball (U-19boys), Hockey (U-14-17-19-boys)
* The girls won I place in Table Tennis (U-17 Girls), Badminton (U-14 Girls)in the Zonal level competitions.
The National Cadet Corps of Guru Nanak Matric.Hr.Sec.School.was initiated in 2006. The NCC cadets attended ‘Combined Annual Training Camp’ held at Sathyabamauniversity, Chennai. Several competitions were conducted during the camp, which allowed students to showcase their talents. It is indeed proud that our cadets won Prizes in several categories including the Best Parade Commander, the Best Drill, Rifle shooting. The troop conducted a rally on the “Awareness of Anti – Plastics” in the surroundings of the school. Volunteers also rendered their services to implement “SWACHH BHARAT” by cleaning and renovating the college campus.
National Service Scheme
The students of the National Service Scheme conducted various events like Planting Trees, NSS Day celebration and a cleaning camp at an Old age Home in Nanmangalam. They also actively participated to support the People who were affected by the floods in Kerala by giving them their basic necessities.
Road Safety Week
Guru Nanak Matric.Hr.Sec.School. has encouraged their Volunteers to actively participate in Social Service programs all through the year. The 22nd Road Safety Week was observed by the RSP, NCC and NSS students. Road safety Rally held in the College premises and it created awareness about the road accidents, ideas of accident free roads and the importance of helmet.
- Sai Shree.K of Class II A won First place in Fancy Dress Competition, Rohith.B of Class IB won First place in Aathichoodi Recitation Competition and Kavin Kumaran.D.P of Class IC won Third place in Aathichoodi Recitation in ‘One Day’ Mega Event organised by the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) in collaboration with Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC) on the theme “Integrity – A Way of Life” in D.A.V. Public school, Velachery on 19.10.19 (Saturday) as a part of the ” Vigilance Awareness Week 2019″ Celebrations.
- Cursive Writing competition held at Beta Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Velachery and won Moshika.G – IA, Parthasarathy – IVB, Shathi Bala – VA, Rooban Kumar – VC, Rathan – VC. Spell Bee competition winners are K.Balamurugan – VII D(Fourth place), Surendu Suresh VII C (Third Place), S.Srimathi – VIII A (Third place) and K. Ria – VIII B (Third place).
- Gurdeep Singh of Class XII won Second place and Rs. 3,000 cash prize in Oratorical Competition of ‘Young Minds Talent Exploration 2019’ on 16.10.2019 at Mohamed Sathak College of Arts and Science.
- Guru Shiksha 7th edition interschool competition, held in Guru Nanak College on 14.10.2019 in Tamil, English and Hindi on the teaching of Guru Nanak Devji. Students won Second (Abinayashri.R – III D for Tamil Speech) and Third places (Prabal Singh – III A for Hindi Speech) and received a cash award of Rs. 10,000 each.
- Students of Class XI participated in the competition conducted by M.G.R Janaki Art & Science College for Women on 10.10.2019 and won First prizes in Rangoli (N. Nivetha, P.S. Sivapriya and Yuvika) and won consolation prizes in Tamil Speech Competition (Shanmuga Priya, Mahalakshmi)